Pionero Travel Terms and Conditions
• A deposit of 50% is required to secure a reservation, unless otherwise stated.
• The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to departure (unless otherwise noted). Failure to make your final payment on time is considered a cancellation on the part of the passenger.
• 100% payment is required to confirm reservations for any trip booked with less than 30 days anticipation.
• Payments made by bank (wire) transfer in US dollars do not include any fees charged by your bank. Any transfer fees must be covered by the sender.
• While we endeavor to keep posted current information, please note that rates and programs are subject to change without prior notice.
• Prices quoted are based on foreign exchange values and tariffs currently in effect and prices are subject to change.
• Confirmation or payment of the tour cost constitutes your acceptance to the Terms and Conditions.
• It is strongly recommended for the client to obtain their own travel insurance. Pionero Travel recommends full comprehensive coverage. It is the sole responsibility of the client to obtain and purchase travel insurance.
Modifications, Cancelations & Refunds
- Pionero Travel reserves the right to modify or cancel any tour or visit due to any operational matters, weather conditions or as desirable. In this case, Pionero will make every effort to modify the planned itinerary and replace it with another tour or activity of the same category or better. If this is not possible, a full refund is due to the client.
- Pionero Travel reserves the right to refuse to accept or continue services an individual or individuals of the party at any time (in such case, a refund will be based on the actual cost of the unfinished portion of tour). The party is responsible for any additional expenditures incurred by delays or cancellations beyond Pionero’s control.
- Money will not be refunded if the client fails to show up to the tour at the designated place and time.
- Purchased flights are non-refundable.
- If for any reason the client needs to cancel the trip, the reservation deposit is returned minus a trip cancellation fee. For this reason, we strongly recommend trip cancellation insurance. All cancellations must be in writing and the following cancellation fees apply:
- 31+ days prior to departure: Fully refundable except vendor expenses and deposits
- 30 days prior to departure: No refunds. There will be no refunds for missed days on tour or any unused services/accommodation during the tour program.
- Pionero Travel will attempt to accommodate the client’s special requests, for example, room locations and bed preferences at hotels, or modifications of tours and visits during your stay with us. Nevertheless, we cannot guarantee or be held responsible if such special requests cannot be fulfilled.
Modifications, Cancelations & Refunds
- Pionero Travel is a legal entity duly existing and incorporated in Chile. It purchases transportation, hotel accommodation, restaurant, services of professional guides, camp staff and other services from various independent suppliers (including but not limited to other Pionero Travel companies), that are not subject to its control. In addition, the programs include outdoor physical activity and contact with nature, involving some level of risk, depending on several events and circumstances over which Pionero Travel has no control.
- Pionero Travel cannot therefore, be liable for death, personal injury or any other loss that may occur (a) due to any act or omission of any such supplier, or (b) by reason of any other event over which it has no control. Confirmation or payment of the tour constitutes your acceptance of the above exclusion of liability provision.
- Baggage and personal effects, including items purchased, are the sole responsibility of the owners at all times and no employee/agent of Pionero Travel or associated companies is authorized to accept these for storage and safekeeping.
- Pionero Travel is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Shipment costs for any items left behind will be paid by the client.